MORE INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
¿What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file harmless that is stored in your browser when you visit any webpage. The utility of the cookie is that the web is able to remember your visit when you navigate to this page again. Although many people do not know cookies are being used for 20 years, when the first browsers for the World Wide Web appeared.
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, a trojan, no worm, no spam, or spyware, nor does it open pop-up windows.
What information does a store cookie?
Cookies do not usually store your sensitive information like credit card or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data they keep is of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalization of contents, etc.
The web server does not associate it as a person but with its web browser. In fact, if you browse habitually with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome, you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because it is actually associated to the browser, not the person.
What types of cookies do exist?
- Technical cookies: They are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when navigating a human person or an automated application, when an anonymous user and a registered user are browsing, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
- Analysis cookies: They collect information about the type of navigation you are doing, the sections that you most use, the products consulted, the time frame of use, the language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: They show advertising based on their navigation, their country of origin, language, etc.
What are first party and third-party cookies?
The first party cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and those of third parties are generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if you turn off cookies?
In order to understand the extent to which disable cookies might be, we will show you some examples:
- You will not be able to share content on that website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not be able to adapt the content to your personal preferences, as is often the case in online stores.
- You will not be able to access the personal area of that website, such as My Account, My Profile or My Orders.
- Online stores: It will be impossible for you to shop online, they will have to be by telephone or by visiting the physical store, if available.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographic preferences such as time zone, currency or language.
- The website will not be able to carry out web analytics on visitors and traffic on the web, which will make the web more competitive.
- You cannot write to the blog, you cannot upload photos, post comments, rate or rate content. The web will not be able to know if you are a human person or an automated application that publishes spam.
- You will not be able to display sector-specific advertising, which will reduce the advertising revenue of the web.
Can cookies be removed?
Yes. Not only eliminate, also block, in a general or particular way for a specific domain.
To remove cookies from a website you must go to your browser settings and there you can search for those associated to the domain in question and proceed to its elimination.
Configuring cookies for the most popular browsers
Here’s how to access a cookie specific browser Chrome. Note: These steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences using the File menu or by clicking the customization icon shown above to the right.
- You will see different sections, click the Show advanced options.
- Go to Privacy, Content Settings.
- Select All cookies and site data.
- A list with all cookies ordered by domain will appear. To make it easier for you to find the cookies of a particular domain, enter the entire address in the field Search for cookies.
- After making this filter, one or more lines will appear on the screen with the cookies on the web page requested. Now you just have to select it and press the X to proceed to its elimination.
To access settings cookies Browser Internet Explorer, follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click Privacy.
- Move the scroll bar until you adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access settings cookies Browser Firefox, follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Options or Preferences depending on your operating system.
- Click on Privacy.
- In History, choose Use custom settings for the history.
- You will now see the option Accept Cookies, you can enable or disable it according to your preferences.
To access the configuration of cookies the browser Safari for OSX follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Preferences, then Privacy.
- In this site you will see the option Block cookies where you can adjust the type of blocking you wish to perform.
To access the configuration cookies browser Safari for iOS follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy and Security, you will see the option Locking cookies can adjust the type of lock you want to perform.
To access cookie the browser settings for Android devices follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Run the browser and press the key Menu, then Settings.
- Go to Security and Privacy, you will see the option Accept cookie to activate or deactivate the box.
To access the settings of cookies browser for Windows Phone devices follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Settings
- Now you can enable or disable the Allow cookies.
Parque Empresarial Ibarrabarri
C/ Iturriondo nº18
Edificio A-1, 1ºC
48940 Leioa, Vizcaya – Spain.
Tel. (+34) 94 470 65 05